I hadn’t intended on making another sweater, but the longer the winter goes on, the more sweaters I need, and also this sweater pattern I adapted is perfect for me. It sews up quickly, and layers well.
I got this sweater a few weeks ago, and only for the label ‘100% fine merino’ I would have left it there! As it already had a good ribbed polo, I decided to work with what I had rather than take it apart fully. I cut off the sleeves and cut the sleeves keeping the original seam in the sleeve rather than lose 1cm by resewing. I cut up the side seams. Before I cut, I double checked where the centre shoulder was by trying it on over my head, and this corresponded with how it folded when lain flat.
I cut around, and sewed the side seams to underarm and inset the sleeve, and I added a pleat to the ‘cuff’. All of the cut and the sew to this point took less than 30 minutes! I tacked sleeve hems and sweater hems and pressed them, and finished by using the twin needle.
Love how it turned out. Have yet to wear it layered with the floral blouse but know they will make a good match!
I have a few other makes half done, and in between I moved the site to wordpress (so the half makes are still half-made). Really glad I did as I never got a proper working template with blogger. My bloglovin profile was updated too, but I was unable to transfer the subscribers from feed-burner. I don’t know how well the subscriber form works on WordPress yet, as one email worked on it but another didn’t….so if anyone cannot subscribe and would prefer email, just let me know!